Wednesday, August 25, 2004

 

Really funny, scaring kids with draft rumors

Here's a fun story. Seems the Dems have decided to try to scare kids into voting by threatening them with being drafted! This is a painful one for me, I have to say. I would have gone to Vietnam if drafted; it was the right thing to do. But since then we have discovered that a professional military of volunteers is, simply, much better at warcraft than draftees. I have not heard serious talk of a draft from anyone, except a couple of far lefties who floated it to make Iraq less palatable. Draft? What a joke.

But I know an intelligent woman who broke up a long friendship with my wife over this fantasy. She has two late-teenage sons and when she found out that we support the current administration, said "You don't want my sons to keep breathing!" and that was that.

Cheap tactics from a cheap party. When you have nothing of substance to offer, which seems to be the case, attack, lie, cheat, dissemble. It's a sad situation.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe with Bloglines